The eighth annual UCLA All-Staff Picnic is on Thursday, August 9, 2012, in Dickson Plaza from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Chancellor Block and Mrs. Block will be hosting the festive event, so be sure to mark your calendars.
As in previous years, employees will need to present a complimentary ticket at the event in order to receive a picnic lunch. Tickets are available July 9, 2012, through August 1, 2012, at any one of the following distribution locations (10 a.m. — 3 p.m.). Please select the location closest to where you work:
- Central Ticket Office, James West Alumni Center
- Covel Commons, Front Desk
- Registrar's Office, 1113 Murphy Hall
- Reception Area, North Campus Student Center
- BruinCard Center, 123 Kerckhoff Hall
- Campus Human Resources, Suite 200, Wilshire Center Building
- Café Med, Medical Center
- Dining Commons, Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
- Santa Monica – UCLA Medical Center, Human Resources
To obtain a ticket, you must present your own BruinCard at one of the distribution locations. Due to the anticipated number of staff attending the event, you may only pick up your own lunch with your picnic ticket. Please note: Tickets are limited and available on a first-come, first-serve basis, so plan on picking up your ticket early.
Supervisors are encouraged to grant employees sufficient release time in addition to their normal lunch period to attend the picnic, provided that the absence would not infringe upon the performance of required job duties.
The 2012 All-Staff Picnic is aiming for "zero waste," as all raw materials used for picnic will be 100% recyclable. Beverages and water will be available. However, you will need to bring your own beverage container to enjoy the drinks.