Like every other aspect of your event, advance planning is the key. As the saying goes “be prepared”. Depending upon the nature of your event, you should be in contact with the appropriate campus departments (UCPD, Facilities, UCLA Events Office, Center for Student Programming) well in advance of event day. For general guidance, check out the "Safety and Emergency Worksheet" in the Related Information section. Listed below are examples of questions you might want to ask yourself, when planning for event emergencies.
- Did you know that dialing “911” from a cell phone will connect you with the Los Angeles Police Department, not our University of California Police Department?
- Can people distribute literature at my event?
- Do you know where the emergency exits and fire extinguishers are in your venue?
- Who do I call if the lawn sprinklers go off in the middle on my event?
- Do you have a first aid kit available?