Laboratory personnel are responsible for the following:
The Office of Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) has developed a comprehensive campuswide program which is responsible for the following:
- Labeling of hazardous waste.
- Proper storage of hazardous waste.
- Transportation of waste to a pick-up location or scheduling a special pick-up.
- Scheduling lab cleanouts as required.
- The principal investigator or lab manager is responsible for coordinating the disposal of all chemicals from their laboratories prior to closing down laboratory operations.
- Collecting waste at scheduled pick-ups or by appointment.
- Conducting lab clean-outs.
- Storage and packaging waste for shipment off-campus.
- Training laboratory personnel in hazardous waste management.