Eligibility for Exemption
Students who have extenuating circumstances may file for exemption. Available student lots are 3, 4, 7, 8, DD (Dykstra De Neve) and SV (Sunset Village).
Students living in residence halls without a job may request an exemption based on extenuating factors. Supporting documentation is required. Examples of extenuating factors are outlined in the table below.
Note: Applicants with health and disability issues should contact the Office for Students with Disabilities.
||Applicant must be legal parent or guardian. Child must be newborn -12 years of age and currently attend out-of-home school, day care or have special needs.
- Birth certificate, legal documentation or letter of live birth
- Verification of enrollment in school, day care, etc.
|Illness of Family Member
||Applicant must be the primary caregiver of a family member who is locally hospitalized or requires home care.
- IHSS program
- Hospital admission forms
- Letter of verification from facility or state
||Applicant must have a recent death in immediate family and/or a significant change in family dynamics.
- Death certificate
- Disability verification
||Applicant must have suffered from a crime-related incident (e.g., stalking or threats).
- Police reports
- Restraining orders
|Applicant must provide original documentation of unpaid work study or internship required as part of a curriculum.
- Proof of enrollment in work study/employment verification
- Program/internship verification
- Letter of acceptance
|Accepted Late to University
||Applicant must have been accepted late by the University of professional school after the application deadline.
||Applicant must have a local, verifiable, current, continuous and off-campus paid job.
- Two pay stubs or two company canceled checks (front and back copy is required)
How to File an Exemption
- Apply for parking online during the appropriate application period.
- Indicate your reason for an exemption. Include your lot choice in your reason. Your lot choice is not guaranteed. If the lot you requested is not available, Parking Services will attempt to assign you the best lot option available.
- Upload copies of the required documents and your driver license to be considered for exemption.
Note: All documents received remain confidential and are destroyed at the end of each quarter.