You can use your Pcard to obtain a wide range of products for your department. The card may be used like a low-value order (LVO) or petty cash to purchase items or services.
The Pcard cannot be used for goods or services in excess of $2,500 or the individual card's purchase limit, whichever is less. Some common products and services cannot be purchased using the Pcard because of funding or policy restrictions.
The following items cannot be purchased on the Pcard:
- DSL or other internet connection charges or services (these charges should be paid by the employee and reimbursed, if appropriate).
- Cash advances.
- Internet or online payment mechanisms such as PayPal and others that do not identify the ultimate payee.
- Inventorial equipment (priced at $5,000 or more).
- Firearms, ammunition, explosives, radioactive or other hazardous materials.
- Ethyl alcohol (except denatured), narcotics, dangerous drugs or other controlled substances.
- Precious metals.
- Items for personal or ornamental use.
- Travel or entertainment (meals, airfare, hotel, car rental, catering, meeting refreshments, gifts).
- Vehicle/gasoline or diesel fuel or real estate rentals/leases.
- Goods or services from an employee or near relative of an employee of the University.
- On-site construction.
- Consulting or contract employee services (these require a specific UCLA contract).
- Medical or insurance services.
- Services, repairs or maintenance for which the merchant performs the services on the premises or where there is an established Strategic Sourcing Agreement or catalog in BruinBuy.
- Any other purchase for which a supplier requires a signed contract.
- Other items specified in University policy BUS-43, UCLA Policy 740 and Procedure 740.1.