How to Join a Vanpool
- Find out if you are you eligible to join
- Apply to join a UCLA Vanpool through Zimride
- Go to Zimride and create an account for free.
- You must have a ucla.edu email address.
- If you do not have a ucla.edu email address, please contact the UCLA Vanpool office at (310) 206-7565 for assistance.
- Apply to join one or more vanpool routes that work for you.
- When space on your
chosen vanpool becomes available...
- A UCLA Alternative Transportation Coordinator will contact you regarding your vanpool choices.
- Attend an orientation session
- All new vanpool participants must attend a brief orientation at the UCLA Transportation Office. Orientations last approximately one hour, and your orientation date will be scheduled in advance.
- You must bring a valid ID (BruinCard or photo ID) and payment with you to your Orientation session.
- Make your Payment
- Commuter Services & Information is the only department authorized to administer vanpools. Please do not pay drivers or co-drivers. We offer several payment options.
Change Your Current Vanpool
If you need to change or transfer to a different vanpool, please follow steps 2 and 3 in the How to Join a Vanpool instructions above.
Cancel Your Vanpool
If you need to cancel your vanpool participation, please follow these steps:
- Two weeks' written notice is required. Effective dates are scheduled on the 1st, 8th, 16th and 24th of each month.
- Complete a Vanpool Ridership Cancellation Form two weeks in advance of your desired effective date. Bring the form to the Commuter Services & Information Office, fax the form to (310) 267-2093 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any outstanding payments must be made at the time of cancellation.
- You must return your vanpool ID that was issued to you at the time of the orientation. Failure to return the vanpool ID will result in an administration fee.