We encourage users to regularly use an email client such as Eudora, Outlook Express or Netscape Messenger to download their email to a local machine rather than only leaving the messages on the email server. This ensures that you have a backup copy on your machine.
Installing Eudora 6.x
- Double click the eudora623osx.zip icon to unstuff the Eudora installer.
- Double click the Eudora623OSX icon to start installation.
- Click Continue at the Eudora Installer Read Me
- Select your language and click Agree to the Software License Agreement
- If this is a new install, Select Install Eudora 6.2.x for the first time. If you are upgrading, select Upgrade an existing version to 6.2.x for OSX.
- Select the folder you wish to install Eudora into (the Applications folder is selected by default). If you have a previous version of Eudora, select the folder this installation exists in. Eudora 6.2.x will install on top of any previous version of Eudora but will preserve all old mailboxes.
- If you wish for Eudora to be your default mail program, select Yes.
- Congratulations! You have successfully installed Eudora.
Note: To create a shortcut to Eudora on your Desktop, from your hard drive, open your Eudora folder, hold down and click on the Eudora program icon. Select Make Alias. You may now drag the new Eudora alias to the desktop.