We encourage users to regularly use an email client such as Outlook Express, Mozilla Mail, or Netscape Messenger to download their email to a local machine rather than only leaving the messages on the email server. This ensures that you have a backup copy on your machine.
Installing Netscape 7.x
These instructions will guide you through the download and installation of Netscape Communicator 7 for Windows9x/Me/NT/2000/XP.
- Double-click on the netscape7.exe icon that you downloaded.
- Click on the Next button when you see the screen below.
- Click the Accept button at the license agreement screen.
- Check the Recommended button and then click Next.
- Click Yes to create the install directory, if you are prompted to do so.
- If you would like to install any of the optional components of Netscape, select them at the following screen:
- If your system has more than 64MB of memory, you may enable the Quick Launch feature by checking the Use Quick Launch...box. Quick Launch allows Netscape 7 to load faster provided that you have enough memory.
- Click next at the screen below, and check the box if you would like to change your homepage:
- Click the Install button when you see the screen below.
- Click Yes to make Netscape your default web-browser.
The Netscape installation is complete! Netscape 7 will now start. You may start Netscape 7 in the future by double-clicking on the Netscape 7 icon on your desktop.