Flash Passes are now only sold online, and you must have a Bruin Online (BOL) account to complete the transaction. To purchase a Flash Pass, please click on the related link to the right.
Big Blue Bus has more than 15 different routes, including seven which come to campus. Use BruinGO! to get from campus to popular destinations like Third Street Promenade.
Culver CityBus has eight routes serving many Westside communities, including the new Line 6 Rapid, which provides faster service to UCLA all the way from the Metro Green Line station near LAX to UCLA, mainly on Sepulveda Blvd.
SPECIAL NOTICE: The Ackerman Turnaround will close on July 8, 2013 and remain closed through the summer of 2016 for renovations. Bus stops at the turnaround will be relocated to the following locations:
Santa Monica Big Blue Bus:
Rapid 12 (weekdays) and all other buses (evenings/weekends) will all use the route and stops listed below.
- Northbound buses will drop off passengers at Stein Plaza and CEY / PS 2 (route: north on Westwood, right on CEY)
- Southbound buses will pick up passengers at CEY / PS 2 and Westwood / Weyburn (route: north on CEY, right on Westholme, right on Hilgard, right on Le Conte, left on Westwood)
- BBB will no longer serve the southbound Med Plaza stop on any of its routes
- Rapid 6 and Local 6: Med Plaza pick-up and drop-off on east side of Westwood Plaza
Summer Notice: Please be aware that the BruinGO! $0.50 co-pay is not available during summer quarter (6/17-9/15). If you would like to take advantage of UCLA-subsidized travel on Santa Monica Big Blue Bus or Culver CityBus this summer, you must purchase a Flash Pass. The co-pay will be available again beginning on September 16th.
The BruinGO! program allows UCLA students and employees to travel on any bus operated by Santa Monica Big Blue Bus (BBB) or Culver CityBus (CCB) at a subsidized rate.
BruinGO! Flash Pass
If you are (or would like to become) a regular rider on BBB and/or CCB, it is recommended that you purchase a Flash Pass, which allows you to ride any bus on either of these networks for an entire academic quarter for the low cost of $33.
Flash Pass Details
- In order to be eligible, you must be a UCLA student enrolled for the current quarter or a UCLA faculty or staff member employed at 40% time or more (students enrolled for Spring Quarter are also eligible for a Summer Flash Pass). You must have a BruinCard and a Bruin OnLine (BOL) account.
- Flash passes are only sold online.
- Senior citizens (62+) are eligible for a free Flash Pass subsidized by UCLA Transportation and may procure them through our online system. You must have a UCLA Logon ID (BOL) account to access the system. If you are eligible, a charge of $00.00 will appear and you may select the "No Charge" pay method option. If you do not have a UCLA Logon, you may visit our office in person to receive your pass.
- Disabled students are also eligible for a free Flash Pass. In order to receive your free Flash Pass, bring your BruinCard, your Disabled Placard Identification Card and either your California ID, driver license or passport to the UCLA Transportation Lobby (555 Westwood Plaza) any time during the pass sales period.
- You can purchase a Flash Pass even if you already have an individual parking permit or another public transit pass. Students and employees who are members of a valid carpool permit are not eligible to purchase a Flash Pass.
- Flash Passes are non-transferable, non-refundable, require a full fee for replacement if lost or stolen (including passes lost in the mail) and should not be duplicated or resold.
If you are not a regular public transit rider, you can still ride Santa Monica Big Blue Bus and Culver CityBus at a discounted rate. Either swipe your BruinCard (on BBB) or show your card to the driver (on CCB), and you’ll be able to ride for $0.50, half the regular fare.
*The co-pay option is not available during Summer Quarter
Terminals Hours of Operations
* Located on the eastern border of campus at Hilgard Ave & Strathmore Drive.
||UCLA Transit Center*
||7 a.m. - 8 p.m., Weekdays Only
||8 p.m. - 7 a.m., and all Weekends, Holidays
|Super 12 (limited hours)
** Located on campus, just south of Ackerman Union.