Flash Passes are now only sold online, and you must have a Bruin Online (BOL) account to complete the transaction. To purchase a Flash Pass, please click on the related link to the right.
Big Blue Bus has more than 15 different routes, including seven which come to campus. Use BruinGO! to get from campus to popular destinations like Third Street Promenade.
Culver CityBus has eight routes serving many Westside communities, including the new Line 6 Rapid, which provides faster service to UCLA all the way from the Metro Green Line station near LAX to UCLA, mainly on Sepulveda Blvd.
The BruinGO! program allows UCLA students and employees to travel on any bus operated by Santa Monica Big Blue Bus (BBB) or Culver CityBus (CCB) at a subsidized rate.
BruinGO! Flash Pass
If you are (or would like to become) a regular rider on BBB and/or CCB, it is recommended that you purchase a Flash Pass, which allows you to ride any bus on either of these networks for an entire academic quarter for the low cost of $33.
Flash Pass Details
- In order to be eligible, you must be a UCLA student enrolled for the current quarter or a UCLA faculty or staff member employed at 40% time or more (students enrolled for Spring Quarter are also eligible for a Summer Flash Pass). You must have a BruinCard and a Bruin OnLine (BOL) account.
- Flash passes are only sold online.
- Senior citizens (62+) are eligible for a free Flash Pass subsidized by UCLA Transportation and may procure them through our online system. You must have a UCLA Logon ID (BOL) account to access the system. If you are eligible, a charge of $00.00 will appear and you may select the "No Charge" pay method option. If you do not have a UCLA Logon, you may visit our office in person to receive your pass.
- Disabled students are also eligible for a free Flash Pass. In order to receive your free Flash Pass, bring your BruinCard, your Disabled Placard Identification Card and either your California ID, driver license or passport to the UCLA Transportation Lobby (555 Westwood Plaza) any time during the pass sales period.
- You can purchase a Flash Pass even if you already have an individual parking permit or another public transit pass. Students and employees who are members of a valid carpool permit are not eligible to purchase a Flash Pass.
- Flash Passes are non-transferable, non-refundable, require a full fee for replacement if lost or stolen (including passes lost in the mail) and should not be duplicated or resold.
If you are not a regular public transit rider, you can still ride Santa Monica Big Blue Bus and Culver CityBus at a discounted rate. Either swipe your BruinCard (on BBB) or show your card to the driver (on CCB), and you’ll be able to ride for $0.50, half the regular fare.
|Quarter ||Pass Cost ||Co-Pay ||Sales Begin ||Sales End ||Effective |
|Spring 2012 ||$33 ||50 Cents ||3/12/2012 ||5/4/2012 ||3/26/2012 ||6/17/2012 |
|$33 ||N/A* ||6/4/2012 ||7/27/2012 ||6/18/2012 ||9/16/2012 |
|$33 ||50 Cents ||9/4/12 ||10/26/12 ||9/17/12 ||12/31/12 |
|$33 ||50 Cents ||11/15/12 ||2/8/13 ||1/1/13 ||3/24/13 |
|Spring 2013 ||$33 ||50 Cents ||3/11/13 ||5/3/13 ||3/25/13 ||6/16/13 |
*The co-pay option is not available during Summer Quarter
Terminals Hours of Operations
* Located on the eastern border of campus at Hilgard Ave & Strathmore Drive.
|Bus Route ||UCLA Transit Center* ||Ackerman Terminal** |
|1,2,3,8,11,12 ||7 a.m. - 8 p.m., Weekdays Only ||8 p.m. - 7 a.m., and all Weekends, Holidays |
|Super 12 (limited hours) || ||Weekdays Only |
** Located on campus, just south of Ackerman Union.