Rent Vehicles on Campus by the Hour
No car on campus? No problem! UCLA Transportation has teamed up with Zipcar, the nation's largest provider of carsharing services, to give Bruin students, staff and faculty access to vehicles parked all around campus for mobility when you need it. Pay only for the hours you use, and the hourly fee covers the cost of the car, mileage, insurance, parking, gas and maintenance.
How it Works
Register to become a member at the link in Related Information. You’ll receive a Zipcard, which is your key to this innovative program.
- Reserve a car by web or phone at a moment’s notice.
- Get your vehicle. Use your Zipcard to unlock the Zipcar. You will find the ignition key attached to the steering column.
- Return the Zipcar vehicle to the designated parking space, leave the ignition key, lock the doors and walk away!
- Zipcar will send a monthly billing statement itemizing the hours and miles you drove, and charge that amount to your credit card.
Zipcar Alternative Commute Program
UCLA staff and faculty members who participate in an alternative commute program are eligible to receive four free hours of Zipcar usage each month.
Follow the Zipcar link on the right and choose to join as a participant in the Alternative Commute Program (ACP). To be eligible for the program you must be a UCLA staff or faculty and:
- Have a University appointment of at least 40% time
- Not possess a UCLA parking permit
After UCLA Transportation verifies your eligibility, we will send you a Zipcard along with more information. If you need a Zipcar for more than four hours a month, sign up for a personal account as well and you can choose to bill the additional hours directly to your personal account. The integration of your ACP and personal account are seamless, just select the account you want to use from a dropdown menu while making your reservation.
Thanks for sharing the ride!