In order to bring you the best possible user experience, this site uses Javascript. If you are seeing this message, it is likely that the Javascript option in your browser is disabled. For optimal viewing of this site, please ensure that Javascript is enabled for your browser.

UCLA Home / Campus Services / Human Resources / Policies & Labor Contracts

Article ID: 1000247         Send us your feedback about this article  View the print friendly version of this article
Labor Contracts

Depending on their title code, staff employees are either non-represented, also known as policy-covered, or represented by an exclusive bargaining agent, also known as a union. Each union has a collective bargaining agreement (contract) with the University that applies to the employees the union represents. The collective bargaining agreement defines the terms and conditions of employment for represented employees. 

To identify your title code, you may (1) check your pay stub, (2) check the Title and Pay Plan or (3) contact your supervisor, department HR contact or Campus Human Resources Employee & Labor Relations at (310) 794-0860. The Title and Pay Plan will indicate whether your position is represented or not, and which labor contract applies to you. Once you’ve identified the labor contract that covers your title code, you can click on the applicable link to read the contract. Non-represented employees should check the University’s Personnel Policies for Staff members (PPSM).

Need more help? Call Campus Human Resources Employee & Labor Relations at (310) 794-0860.

(For the respective policy or contract please click on the link shown.)

Employee Group

Unit Code

Bargaining Unit

Clerical and Allied Service Unit


Coalition of University Employees (CUE)

Service Unit


American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employee (AFSCME)

Patient Care Technical Unit


American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employee (AFSCME)

Technical Unit


University Professional and Technical Employee (UPTE)

Research Support Professionals Units


University Professional and Technical Employee (UPTE)

Health Care Professionals Unit


University Professional and Technical Employee (UPTE)

Skilled Crafts Unit


State Employees Trades Council (SETC) 

Registered Nurses Unit


California Nurses Association (CNA)

Police Officers Unit


Federated University Police Officers Association (FUPOA)

Academic Student Employees Unit


United Auto Workers (UAW)

Non-Senate Instructional (Lecturers) Unit


American Federation of Teachers (AFT)

Professional Librarians Unit


American Federation of Teachers (AFT)
Postdoctoral Scholar Unit PX United Auto Workers (UAW) 


Campus Human Resources, Employee & Labor Relations
Phone: (310) 794-0860 | Fax: (310) 794-0865